A Guide of Things to Bring
- Rain Coat or waterproof shell & pants
- Fleece jacket or top
- Polyprolene or capillene base layer (cotton is not recommended)
- Shorts or nylon pants for summer paddling (cotton is not recommended)
- Water proof shoes, water sandals or neoprene booties
- Wool or fleece socks
- Extra set of clothes in waterproof bag (garbage bag work)-fleece polypro insulating long underwear
- Swim suit
- Hat with sun visor
- Sunscreen - we have some for sale in our store
- Bird Field guides and others (wildflowers, trees etc) in waterproof baggy
- Waterproof cameras great while on the water
- Personal first aid kit
- Binoculars that fit in coat pocket
- Water & food
- Extra clothing
- First aid supplies
- Pocket knife
- Fire starter
2) Water & food
3) Personal first aid kit
4) Rain Gear
5) Waterproof shoes or boots
2) biking gloves
3) Extra clothes, preferably quick dry polypropylene material. Not cotton
General Outdoor Clothing
- Boots: Of heavy lug construction, they should fit comfortably snug with free play for toes and with little or no slippage on the heel. The boots should be weather proofed and broken in before hiking.
- Socks: Four pairs recommended; two of lightweight nylon and two of heavy wool. Wear one pair of wool socks over one lightweight pair. The other two pairs go into your pack in case you need dry socks.
- Pants: Constructed to be loose, warm, comfortable, and quick drying. For added warmth, wear polypropylene underwear.
- Shirts: Light, man-made fiber - such as bunting or nylon pile - recommended for good insulating quality and quick drying.
- Jacket: Mountain style with a hood, windproofed, waterproofed, and sized large enough to cover more insulating clothes worn under it.
- Head Covering: Styled to retain body heat or provide shade as changing weather dictates.
- Gloves or Mittens.
- Rain Gear: A lightweight poncho, or rain pants and hooded parka.
Please note if you are going on a guided trip, your guide will provide first aid and repair kits. If you are renting bikes, helmets are included.